OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Oklahoma City police say three people are dead of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a home on the city's southwest side.
Lt. Sonny Hurtado says the three were found unconscious about 9 a.m. Saturday by a fourth person inside the home. No names or ages were released, but Hurtado said all four are adults.
Hurtado says two of the victims were dead at the scene and the third was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Hurtado says the victims were found in a living room area of the home while the survivor had apparently spent the night in another room in the house.
According to KFOR, Oklahoma City Fire Department District Chief Sean Cobb, it is believed that the family left the fireplace on all night.
Oklahoma Natural Gas crews will help the investigation by recreating the scene.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.