Several national chain restaurants and businesses have promotions aimed at honoring Mom on Mother's Day, which this year is Sunday, May 8, 2016.
Here are some we found:
• O’Charley’s is offering two $5 rewards cards with the purchase of a $25 Mother's Day gift card (online only).
• Hooters is giving Mom a free meal.
• McCormick and Schmick’s is offering complimentary chocolate covered strawberries with purchase of brunch for Mom.
• The Melting Pot has a Mother's Day Weekend Saturday luncheon option — but this one may vary by location. There may be a deal for Sunday, too. Check with your local restaurant.
• Carrabba’s will have a special menu through May 8 featuring Champagne Linguine and $5 locations. Check with your local restaurant as the deal may vary by state.
• Ruth's Chris will give all Moms who dine there a $25 gift certificate to use at a future visit.
• Whole Foods Market has a website of ideas for homemade Mother's Day treat.
• Eddie Merlot's is hosting a Mother's Day Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Cheryl's Cookies has a plethora of Mother's Day baskets to choose form.
• Harry and David has a Mother's Day Club that will send Mom something every month.
• David's Cookies is also offering Mother’s Day packages.
Check with your local restaurant prior to going to make sure they have the deal, as not all may participate.