Natalie Mikles with Made in Oklahoma stopped by to share her recipe for Savory Pepper Steak.
Savory Pepper Steak
- 3 pounds Chef’s Requested, beef roast or diced steak tips cut into ½ inch thick
- ¼ cup Shawnee Mills, all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 large onion chopped
- a few garlic cloves—I like to put 4-5 crushed into each bag
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 16oz cans of tomatoes—I prefer Italian style
- 2 tbsp beef bouillon
- 4 tsp of Daddy Hinkle’s Meat Marinade
- 2 tbsp of Daddy Hinkle’s Original seasoning
- 2 tbsp of steak sauce
- Toss steak strips in mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix together beef bouillon, Daddy Hinkle’s original seasoning, and steak sauce and divide evenly into two bags.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook in slow cooker on low 5 hours.
- Serve with rice and a side salad.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.