Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick (1 minute) oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Reese's baking pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet cream butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats with crisp rice cereal, coconut, baking pieces, raisins and chocolate chips. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Quickly stir in the peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Pour over oat mixture in a bowl, stirring very well to coat evenly.
Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Chill until set, then cut into serving bars.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.