1 head cauliflower or 4 cups riced cauliflower
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 medium yellow onion, julienne (thin slivers)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup sugar snap or snow peas Stir Fry Sauce
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Grate cauliflower florets on a box grater or add cauliflower florets to food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small rice or couscous. You may have to process it in batches.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the stir fry sauce. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add riced cauliflower and garlic. Cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
5. Add carrots and peas and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes until vegetables have softened but are still slightly crisp.
6. Add stir fry sauce and allow to reduce slightly, about 2 minutes.
Tools and Equipment
Measuring spoons and cups, whisk or fork, knife, cutting board, mixing bowl, mixing spoon or spatula, can opener.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --