NewsLocal News


Sand Springs house a total loss after fire

Posted at 1:58 PM, May 31, 2019
and last updated 2019-05-31 17:43:30-04

SAND SPRINGS, Okla. — Officials say a Sand Springs house is a total loss after a fire on Friday afternoon.

The fire was reported at about 1:20 p.m. in the 500 block of South 73rd West Avenue.

The owner of the home said the fire was started by a generator on the porch. He had one minor injury to his arm.

If you are using a generator it is advised to keep it at least ten feet away from the structure or home to avoid fire damage.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook