No one was hurt, but tenants and neighbors were all visibly shaken after watching smoke and flames billow from this house.
Neighbors say watching the whole thing happen was eerie.
“I go, did you call 911? Did you call 911? And she said yes, 911 is on its way,” said neighbor Kasey Wright.
Wright was walking down Quaker Street Saturday when she saw flames shooting out of a home on the corner.
“The sides were melting off, the tree was on fire so we told the next door neighbor to get out as fast as he could,” she said.
“It's a good size fire. That's not just an 'oops I left a candle going,'” said neighbor Justin Cribbs.
It took seven engines to knock down the fire. Wind didn't help the cause, but firefighters say the house's separate apartment units didn't help either.
“Help because it compartmentalizes the building, but hindrance because of access issues,” said Tulsa Fire District Chief Jeff Smith. “We train hard, so it’s kind of practice how you play.”
Now neighbors hope the tenants are okay. Many weren't home at the time. Folks also hope the house can be salvaged.
“I know it's going to take a lot of work but I love that house. I love it. They always kept it up nice, so it's kind of a bummer,” said neighbor Linda Hicks.
Firefighters believe a cigarette left on an upstairs patio could be to blame, but they say crews will have to investigate during daylight hours.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.