Residents escape after fire starts in laundry room of Sapulpa home

SAPULPA, Okla. - No one was injured when a house caught fire in Sapulpa early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responded around 6:30 a.m. to the home at 26th W. Mockingbird.

Officials on the scene told 2NEWS the fire started in the laundry room.  A teenaged girl found the fire and tried to put it out but it spread.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes.

A fire official on the scene speculated the cause could be lint from the dryer.

Print this article Back to Top