Bixby Board of Education takes no action in late-night meeting

UPDATE: 1:30 a.m,

BIXBY, Okla.--Bixby Board of Education members took no action following a seven-hour, closed-door meeting into a sexual assault investigation involving high school football players.

They released a statement to the media following the closed-door session.

 

The Bixby Board of Education remains committed to the continuation of the investigation into the incident involving certain Bixby High School students. This investigation has been conducted and will continue to be conducted in a responsible and thorough manner. We have spent countless hours reviewing information and documentation regarding the incident. As each one of us pledged in our oath of office when joining the board, 'I will faithfully perform the duties of School Board Member of Bixby Public Schools to the best of my ability and that I will faithfully discharge all of the duties pertaining to said office and obey the Constitution and laws of the United States of America.'

The Board is close to making a determination on the specific action(s) it will take related to the incident. That said, we will not be taking any action tonight. However, we will have a special meeting during the week of December 18, 2017, and will announce what action(s) will be taken based on the information we have collected and reviewed. The decision(s) that will be made by the Board during the special meeting during the week of December 18th, will reflect the beginning of an ongoing disciplinary and internal evaluation process necessary for us to address the situation now and in the future.

In closing, the five of us wish to thank the Bixby community. Your trust and support are very important to each one of us. As we previously pledged to you, we will see this investigation to a full resolution, and we will hold individuals accountable for their actions.

 

 

 

 

BIXBY, Okla. -- Bixby Board of Education members Thursday night are expected to discuss a sexual assault investigation involving high school football players.

The board meeting is taking place at 6 p.m.

The board also held a three-hour meeting last week, but no action was taken in regards to the sexual assault investigation.

It was the first time the board had addressed the investigation. 

A 16-year-old victim claimed he was at school superintendent Kyle Wood's house, when four football players penetrated him with a pool stick.

The board of education released a statement, saying "they will see the investigation to a full conclusion, and if appropriate, they will hold individuals accountable for their actions.

No one filed for a Bixby School Board seat in the Feb. 13 election, officials said. The current president of the board, Ron Schnare, will not seek re-election.

Officials said board members are on staggered terms.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android and Kindle devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

 

Print this article Back to Top