Super Bowl Numbers for pizza, beer, chicken wings, viewers, commercials, ticket prices and more
12:02 PM, Feb 1, 2013
2:50 PM, Feb 1, 2013
On Sunday New Orleans will play host to the 47th Super Bowl.
More than 79,000 fans are expected to pack the stadium, but that's just the beginning. Here's our look at the Super Bowl by the numbers.
The Big Game:
1. One is how often the opposing head coaches in a Super Bowl were brothers.
2. The cost of a 30-second Super Bowl spot in 2012 was $3.5 million. In 1970, the same 30 seconds ran for $42,000.
3. An estimated 111.3 million people watched last year's Super Bowl. It was the most watched TV show in US history.
4. $800 is the lowest face value of a ticket, but don't bother trying to get one. These so-called cheap seats are gone.
5. If you want to buy a ticket to the big game from an online broker, the current average ticket price is over $3,000, For that money, you can buy two 50-inch HDTV's at Costco with money to spare for a hotdog and a coke.