Edmond wild fire out, squirrel may have sparked it
5:04 AM, Apr 30, 2013
6:20 AM, Apr 30, 2013
EDMOND, Okla. (AP) -- A 2-acre grass fire in Edmond has been extinguished and fire crews said a squirrel may have been behind the blaze.
Firefighters on Monday couldn't find any of the usual ignition sources, such as a discarded cigarette. Crews told Oklahoma City television station KOCO that they think the Sunday fire was started by a squirrel that was burned on a power line and spread the fire to the grass.
No homes were damaged, though the fire did burn close to one dwelling in the Oak Cliff area