Facebook releases its "Top Status Trends of 2010". What do you think about the list? What did you write about?
1. HMU -- The shorthand for "hit me up" was this year's biggest surprise. In early 2009, the acronym HMU was virtually unheard of. Only a few posts a day contained HMU, and half of them were probably typos. By May, however, it started to grow slowly and was averaging about 20 posts a day. The volume roughly doubled every month, and by the end of 2009 it had risen to 1,600 posts a day—too modest of a number to be on our radar for last year's list.
2. World Cup - The World Cup was the biggest sporting event anywhere in 2010, and because of the global presence of Facebook people took to the virtual streets to cheer on their teams and boo their rivals.
3. Movies -- As with last year's list, big movies were much talked about. "Toy Story 3," "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," "Inception," "Alice in Wonderland" and "Iron Man 2" were the five most discussed (in that order).
4. iPad and iPhone 4 -- In May, Apple surpassed long-time rival Microsoft in market capitalization, thanks in large part to two of the most discussed products of the year: the iPad and iPhone 4. These two products combined to account for over 25 million bragging, lusting or the occasional condemning posts during the year.
5. Haiti -- The impact of the Jan. 12 earthquake was widely felt through status updates. Even though most people were far away, they shared the shock, concern and news both among their friends and to the world.
6. Justin Bieber -- Bieber Fever struck before 2010, but by all accounts this was a standout year for the 15-year-old pop music star.
7. Games on Facebook -- Games are popular applications on Facebook, and references appeared throughout this year's list. The biggest trending phrase was "barn raising."
8. Mineros/Miners -- The story of the 33 Chilean miners trapped underground for 69 days captivated the world. People globally watched the truly inspiring story unfold as they were rescued one by one after an unimaginable time underground.
Check out the complete list by clicking here .