The IRS wants taxpayers to be aware of changes for 2011 tax filings

TULSA - Leading off with the good news you have two more days to file this year:  The deadline is April 17, 2012 at midnight.

There are new forms for those who need to report capital gains and losses and if you take the self-employed health insurance deduction.

There are also two, different, mileage amounts you can claim for 2011 if you used your car for business.

And if you still mail in your tax return be aware the filing locations have changed in several areas so carefully read the Form 1040 Instructions to be sure you mail your return to the correct address this year.

Click here for all of the details from the IRS including links to the different forms and information you may need to correctly file your taxes this year.

Print this article Back to Top