OKLAHOMA CITY - After the explosions in Boston, the Oklahoma City police department says it plans to increase security in all areas for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon next weekend.
Officials say they're not afraid to cancel the race if they feel there is a threat, but right now they do not have any plans to do so.
Thousands of people are set to run the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon on April 28. More than 11,000 finished the marathon and half marathon races last year, most of them from Oklahoma.
RELATED LINK - Tulsan Lori O'Lin narrowly crossed the finish line, before the bombs were detonated. "I had just finished maybe five minutes prior to the two explosions," she said. http://bit.ly/YOrFFK
Money raised from the races goes to the bombing memorial's museum.
The mayor called it an "evolving situation" that could change, but he says race officials, runners and volunteers should plan on attending like normal.
The races fall in the same week as the 18th anniversary of the federal building bombing.
PHOTOS: Attack at Boston Marathon (http://bit.ly/15buUtp)