It's National Hot Dog Day!
Whether it’s the Fourth of July or just a bonfire with friends, hot dogs have always been a summer food staple.
JJ’s Red Hots loves hot dogs as much as the next person, so they’ve prepared some lists of toppings and best condiments to pair with the American favorite, just in time for National Hot Dog Day.
The Charlotte-based Hot Dog King recently released a study based on information gathered from surveys given to staff and customers, past sales year’s data and social media impact which revealed the “Top Ten Most Outrageous Toppings.”
The event asked local businesses, fans and even celebrities to design the hot dog of their dreams.
Top 10 Most Outrageous Toppings
- Mac & Cheese featured on the The Mac Daddy
- Sweet Potato Hash featured on the Yam I Am
- Peanut Butter featured on the Weiner the Pooh
- Scrambled Eggs featured on the Britney Cason’s Breakfast Dog (as featured in USA Today)
- Smoked Jalapeno Ketchup featured on the Put That In Your Pipe
- Pineapple Salsa featured on the Maui Gold
- Sage and Andouille Stuffing featured on the Franksgiving
- Smoked Amber BBQ Sauce featured on the Beer B Q (a collaboration with Triple C Brewing)
- Jalapeno Corn Salsa featured on the Maized and Confused
- House-made Pimento Cheese featured on the The Big Cheesy
Top 10 Hot Dog Toppings
- Hot Relish
So, what’s your favorite hot dog topping?