Tulsa fire officials say an overnight fire at a duplex was most likely caused by a space heater.
TULSA - Tulsa fire officials say an overnight fire at a duplex was most likely caused by a space heater.
Crews arrived at the duplex near 15th Street and Harvard Avenue just after 11 p.m.
They say no one was home at the time, and they were able to get the fire under control quickly.
"That goes back to the dangers of having space heaters when the house is unattended, probably too close to the bed or the curtains," Captain Toby Houck said.
Firefighters say the owner of the duplex lived on the bottom level, and that the fire started in the upper level.
She was home at the time of the fire and started spraying the outside of the building with a hose.
Officials say due in part to her efforts the fire only seriously damaged one room.