University of Oklahoma's Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house evacuated after late night fire

NORMAN, Okla. - Dozens of college students were evacuated overnight after a fire at a sorority house at the University of Oklahoma.

It happened at the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house just off the OU campus on Chatauquah near Lindsey.

Norman firefighters arrived to find the building fully engulfed just before 11 p.m.

All 61 residents made it out safely without injury, though the women won't be able to move back in to the house for several months.

The students were relocated to different houses for the night.  The sorority is now working to find a permanent solution until the women can return.

Investigators have not determined how the fire began.

Print this article Back to Top