Tulsa, Green Country rules for fireworks: Are they legal in your community? Are permits required?

TULSA - Independence Day is just around the corner and Green Country is gearing up to celebrate with live music, food, parades and of course fireworks displays.

LIST: Where are the fireworks displays in Green Country?

But if you want to set off fireworks on your own, make sure they're legal in your community.

Some cities require permits to use fireworks, some don't.  And some just don't allow fireworks at all within city limits.

Below is a list of Green Country communities and the permit information you should know:

  • Bixby -- Permit required .
  • Broken Arrow -- Permit required .
  • Claremore -- Permit required .
  • Coweta -- No permit required. Fireworks are allowed within city limits July 3 and July 4 from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Glenpool -- Permit required .
  • Jenks -- Permit required .
  • Mannford -- Permit required and obtainable from City Hall for $20.  Permit allows fireworks within city limits July 4 from noon to 11 p.m.
  • Muskogee -- No permit required.  Fireworks allowed only July 4 until 11 p.m.
  • Owasso -- No permit required. Loud, explosive fireworks (i.e., firecrackers, rockets, mortars, etc.) prohibited.  Sparklers, smoke bombs and fountains allowed.
  • Sand Springs -- Permit required.
  • Sapulpa -- All fireworks prohibited, no permit available.
  • Tulsa -- All fireworks prohibited, no permit available.
  • Wagoner -- No permit required. Fireworks allowed July 2 through 4 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Send us your pictures! Open our app and click News 2 Share to submit your photo, tweet it or post it to Instagram with #kjrhfireworks or email your photos to news2share@kjrh.com .

Print this article Back to Top