TPD: Additional Victory Christian Center suspect, victims could surface

TULSA - Tulsa police says there could be another suspect and even more victims in the church abuse case surrounding Victory Christian Center.

Detectives haven't named the latest possible suspect but said Wednesday he was also employed with the church at the time of the alleged incidents.

Authorities also said there could be at least two more victims, potentially bringing the total to five. They say one of the possible victims won't talk and without that they can't make a move on a potential third suspect.

"(She) is not available for an interview right now because her parents are reluctant to have us talk to her. The parents basically said the church took care of things, it's over and they don't want to become involved with a police investigation," said TPD Cpl. Greg Smith.

Earlier this month, allegations surfaced against former Victory Christian employees 20-year-old Chris Denman and 23-year-old Israel Castillo.

Denman, who was arrested Sept. 5 on accusations of raping a 13-year-old girl at a church event and molesting a 15-year-old girl, pleaded not guilty last week.

A warrant alleging lewd or indecent proposal to a child has been issued for Castillo, but he has yet to be arrested. U.S. Marshals are assisting in his apprehension.

Five other employees, including the son of the church's founder, are accused of not reporting the abuse and have since turned themselves in. All five have been suspended from church duties, Victory Christian said in a statement.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments