CUSHING, Okla. - A 16-year-old was arrested in Tulsa Thursday after an investigation into a Cushing bomb threat led officers his way.
He and Wilson McKinney, 18, were interviewed by Cushing police and FBI agents Thursday. McKinney, now released, is considered a material witness.
But the unnamed teen remains in custody, held in a secure detention facility on $75,000 bond.
Investigators believe he took part in a threat against Cushing Public Schools earlier this month. After his interview, however, Cushing police chief Tully Folden says he's doesn't think the threats would have been acted upon.
"After our conversation with the juvenile male, it is now safe to say that the threats received were in fact a hoax," Folden said. "During no time in the investigation did we find any evidence that would support either threat."
A bill recently passed through the state Senate would address crimes just like the Cushing threat, cracking down on convicted plotters and requiring minors 13-17 be charged as an adult.
READ: 'Oklahoma mass violence bill passes to House' (http://bit.ly/ZrIXEX)
It now heads to the House of Representatives.