South Tulsa home, near 71st and Yale, severely damaged in fire that started in fireplace Friday

A south Tulsa home was severely damaged after going up in flames Friday night.

Firefighters said all four people who live in the house, near 71st and Yale, are safe this morning.

The homeowner says it all started in his fireplace-- but got out of control.

Investigators believe, with the temperature dropping, this should serve as a warning to everyone.

"Get your fireplaces checked out. Get a reputable company and have them check out your fireplace," Capt. Joe Youngblood with the Tulsa Fire Department said.

As for the south Tulsa home, firefighters say the heaviest damage is in the roof and attic.

However, they do not believe the home is a total loss.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments