TULSA - A fire at the Eagle Point apartment complex near 71st and Sheridan affected 16 units in one building and heavily damaged eight of them when the second floor roof collapsed early Wednesday morning.
The fire, which started around 1:30 a.m., was the result of faulty electrical wiring, according to firefighters.
It took 15 fire crews about an hour to get the flames under control.
Residents credit a quick-thinking neighbor who knocked on everyone's doors, alerting them of the fire.
Fourteen families were affected. The Red Cross assisted four families with food, clothing and shelter.
Thick, black smoke pouring from the complex forced police to shut down a stretch of 71st street for about an hour.