Fire Dept: Owasso business fire cause undetermined, not arson

OWASSO, Okla. - The cause of an early morning fire that consumed several Owasso businesses Monday remains undetermined, but investigators have ruled out arson.

The fire, which began around 5 a.m. near 76th Street North and Main, is believed to have started between a pool supply store and glass store before spreading to a tire shop and a boxing gym.

Several streets in the area were closed and firefighters were initially concerned about a recent pool shop delivery of some 8,000 pounds of powdered chlorine.

Authorities said one of their top priorities was to soak the chlorine before that could happen.

Surrounding businesses were evacuated and police contemplated evacuating a nearby apartment complex but determined it wasn't necessary.

No one was injured, though officials say firefighters ran out of oxygen because the fire lasted so long.

 

Print this article Back to Top