Official: Nathan Hale middle school student released from hospital after prescription drug overdose

TULSA - A Tulsa student who overdosed on prescription drugs while in school Wednesday has been released from the hospital.

Chris Payne with Tulsa Public Schools said the Nathan Hale middle school student overdosed on hydrocodone and was immediately taken to a local hospital by emergency vehicle.

Two other students also had some involvement with the drugs, Payne said.

Police were also called to Nathan Hale High School Wednesday, where a cafeteria fight (http://bit.ly/Halefight) resulted in an arrest of a student and the hospitalization of another.

Print this article Back to Top