North Tulsa shooting spree victim Bobby Clark laid to rest

TULSA - One of the three people killed during last week's shooting spree in north Tulsa was laid to rest Friday.

Bobby Clark, 54, was gunned down while standing near his home.

More than 100 people attended Clark's funeral, including civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Clark was the youngest of five children.

His niece, Charron Mack, garnered laughs after sharing stories about their time together.

"I'm (going to) miss his stories, and him playing the guitar," said Mack.  "Everywhere he went he was always playing the guitar.  We always knew we (were) going to have a good time."

Clark's oldest brother, Bernard Clark, is still coping with the loss.  He says it brings him comfort knowing his little brother was a man of faith.

Jackson spoke in an attempt to give the family comfort, telling them Clark's death would not be in vain.

"Bobby is leading an awakening from the grave," said Jackson.  "There will be a new Tulsa coming from this."

The funerals for 49-year-old Dannaer Fields and 31-year-old William Allen are Saturday and Tuesday.

Deon Tucker, 44, and David Hall, 46, were wounded but survived the shootings.

Jacob England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 33, are charged with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of shooting with intent to kill and five counts of malicious harassment.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments