Midtown Tulsa house fire caused by power cord short out causes $10,000 in damage

TULSA -- A Tulsa resident is safe after a morning mattress fire.

The fire happened just before 6 a.m. on the 5900 block of East 4 th Street.

Investigators say the fire was started by an electrical power cord plugged into the wall. The mattress caught fire when the bed pressed up against the cord and the cord shorted out.

When firefighters arrived the homeowner was attempting to put the fire out with a garden hose.

The homeowner was refused treatment for smoke inhalation.

 

Officials say the fire caused about $10,000 in damages. 

Print this article Back to Top