TULSA -- Raging wildfires across the state are affecting transportation as a number of roadways are closed.
The following highways in Creek County are closed:
- State Highway 33 is closed between Highway 48 and Highway 99. SH 33 is also closed in Drumright from the golf course to the truck route overpass.
- State Highway 51 is closed between Highway 48 and Highway 99.
- State Highway 99 is closed between Highway 51 and Highway 33.
- State Highway 48 is closed between Highway 51 and Highway 33.
- State Highway 33 from State Highway 99 into Drumright.
Additional road closings in Payne and Lincoln Counties are as follows:
- State Highway 99 South from State Highway 33 to Stroud.
- State Highway 33 East from Cushing east to Drumright.
Currently, the Turner Turnpike is open; however, a wind shift could limit visibility and create a hazard, forcing officials to re-close the turnpike.
The Cimarron Turnpike has also been reopened.