TULSA - A fire at a Tulsa business resulted in an acid spill Monday morning but officials on the scene there is no environmental danger.
Firefighters responded to Southwest United Industries near 400 S. Saint Louis shortly after 7 a.m. The fire was quickly extinguished but a spill occurred from a 4 foot by 4 foot container.
Officials on the scene say the container was holding less than 100 gallons of fluoroboric acid when the spill occurred.
A HAZMAT crew was dispatched to the scene to clean the spill. The building where the spill occurred will remain evacuated until it's clean but employees have been allowed to return to the surrounding buildings.
The responding fire crew is being evaluated as a precaution after coming into contact with the acid. Officials on the scene say the firefighters were hosed off and were taken for an evaluation.
According to the company's website, Southwest United Industries provides metal finishing services and aviation component repair.