TULSA - The holiday shopping rush continues today with Cyber Monday.
Experts are predicting online shopping this year will top $1.4 billion.
While more and more shoppers are using wireless devices like iPads and cellphones, experts caution shoppers to use secured Wi-Fi networks, which prevent hackers from stealing consumers' information.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure the URL is secure. For example: https://...
- Paying with a credit card offers more protection than paying with a debit card.
- Check statements regularly to make sure there aren't any extra charges.
- When installing apps on iPhones or Androids, be comfortable with the information being released.
- When buying from places like eBay, check the seller's history and reputation.
Finally, don't stress about missing any of today's deals.
"If you missed the dance, don't worry. There's going to be an encore," said Tod Marks, with Consumer Reports.