Couple escapes Sapulpa house fire

SAPULPA, Okla. - A couple escaped a house fire in Sapulpa early Monday.

Just after 1 a.m., a woman woke to find most of the back part of her home in flames.

When crews arrived, the fire had already spread to the ceiling and into the roof.

The home is a total loss, but the woman and a man were able to make it out safely.

Investigators think an electrical short may have sparked the fire although their investigation is not finished.

Since the destructive wildfires, Sapulpa is sending grass fire units to most fires.

A patch of grass near the house did catch on fire but was quickly extinguished.

Print this article Back to Top