TULSA - The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has issued another orange-barrel alert.
This one is for the I-244 eastbound bridge over the Arkansas River.
The first construction elements Friday evening with the closing of the southbound US 75 ramp to westbound I-244.
The southbound 75 on-ramp from Denver Avenue will also close tonight at 7 until further notice.
And the westbound I-244 ramp to eastbound US 64 and 51 will close beginning Saturday morning.
There's a lot of information to digest on this $41 million project to replace the I-244 eastbound bridge.
"Traffic will be able to go onto the westbound bridge," said Kenna Cameron, ODOT public information manager. "The westbound bridge is going to carry both east and westbound traffic through the project. As well have crossover detours on the north and south side of the bridge. We'll also have a crossover detour on the south leg of the inter-dispersal loop"
ODOT officials say drivers can expect delays as traffic adjusts and should plan ahead for extra travel time on the Inner Dispersal Loop.
Lane and ramp closures include:
- Various lane closures on all areas of the Inner Dispersal Loop from 7 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Monday.
- The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound US-75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River) will be closed from 7 p.m. tonight until further notice
- Westbound I-244 will be narrowed to two open lanes between 2nd Street to near 21st Street South (west leg IDL to across Arkansas River) from 7 p.m. tonight until further notice.
- The westbound I-244 on-ramp from 7th Street and off-ramp to 17th St. will be closed from 7 p.m. tonight to Saturday afternoon.
- The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from Denver Ave. will be closed from 7 p.m. tonight until further notice.
- The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound US-64/SH-51 (west leg to south leg IDL) will be closed from Saturday morning until further notice.
The project is expected to be completed in spring 2015.