TULSA - An overnight fire displaced a dozen renters Sunday morning at the Columbia condos at East 21st Street and South Garnett Road.
Tulsa fire officials say a resident was cooking french fries around 2 a.m. and fell asleep. A fire broke out, and fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire on the cook top.
As crews were returning to service, the fire flared back up in the walls and traveled into the ceiling. It took another two hours before the fire was completely out.
Seven of the ten apartments were occupied.
Ten fire trucks were on the scene enabling firefighters to be rotated in to keep crews rested and hydrated, a Tulsa Fire Department spokesman said.
No injuries were reported.