(WXYZ) - The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a recall for about 73,000 PT Domusindo Perdana drop-side cribs because they pose an entrapment and suffocation hazard.
The cribs were sold exclusively at JC Penney through their website and catalog from January 1998 through December 2008 for between $200 and $400.
The CPSC says the the drop sides can "malfunction, detach or otherwise fail" causing them to create a space in which an infant or toddler can become trapped.
The recall applies to the following 14 models of PT Domusindo Perdana wooden drop-side cribs:
- Model # 343-1509 Jenny Lind Crib with date code 01/1991-12/1997151
- Model # 343-3810 Christopher Crib with date code 2001151
- Model # 343-5500 Early American Crib with date code 01/1998-12/1999151
- Model # 343-6771 Scottsdale Crib with date code 01/1998/12/1999151
- Model # 343-7100 Sleigh Crib without Rosette with date code 01/2004-12/2006
- Model # 343-7134 Sleigh Crib with date code 01/2001-2/2004
- Model # 343-7144 Anniversary Sleigh Crib with date code 01/2002-12/2004
- Model # 343-7753 Kristin Crib with date code 01/1998-12/1999
- Model # 343-8249 Cameron Crib with date code 01/1998/12/1999
- Model # 343-8020 Solid Panel Sleigh Crib with date code 01/2001-12/2002
- Model # 343-8070 Roll Bar Convertible Crib with date code 01/2004-12/2005
- Model # 343-8155 Anniversary Convertible Sleigh Crib with date code 01/2002-12/2006
- Model # 343-8200 Spindle Convertible Crib with date code 01/2001-12/2005
- Mode # 343-8913 Bella 3-in-1 Crib with date code 01/2005-12/2008
The codes are printed on the plywood mattress board.
Consumers should immediately stop using the crib and contact customer service at Modus Furniture at (800) 827-2129. The phone line is open Monday through from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.