The worst thing about Black Friday this year?
It's really Black Thursday, and you have to line up during Thanksgiving dinner to get the best deals on HDTVs and laptops.
Check out some of the madness across the U.S. in our Black Friday shopping photo gallery at http://bit.ly/bfshoppix
So we said "enough is enough," and went to find nine great Black Friday deals you can actually get on Friday!
Shoppers Want Friday Deals
Shoppers are revving their engines at Walmart. We found Michelle Allen checking inventory for her Black Friday shopping spree.
"Oh, it is definitely worth the hassle," she said. "I have saved a lot of money, I definitely have."
But many shoppers don't want to come out Thanksgiving afternoon, ruining their dinner. Grace Yazell is among many shoppers we found who wants to keep Black Friday on Friday.
"We start about 8 in the morning Friday," she told us. "We go all day long, it's a girl's day out."
Her big concern: will she be too late this year?
Stores Will Hold Back Product
We searched all the ads, and found the good news is there are still plenty of deals Friday.
Walmart regional manager David Gose said the retailer will have three separate events, with new deals rolled out just for Friday morning shoppers.
"What we've kicked off at 5 a.m. is for that treasure hunting customer, who still likes the thrill of getting up early and shopping all day, but doesn't want to go out Thursday night," Gose said. He says many of the Friday deals may still be on the shelves until Saturday afternoon.
Great Deals Without the Crowd
If you want the biggest, baddest High Def TV you will have to line up on Thanksgiving at Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, hh gregg, or other stores.
The best TV deals will be gone by Friday morning.
But we found nine Friday-only deals that don't require shopping on Thanksgiving;
- Walmart: Dyson vacuums for $299 Friday. Walmart also will have 6 foot pre-lit Christmas trees starting at $45 on Friday.
- Target: A free $60 store gift card when you buy any iPad on Friday.
- Sears: 30 percent off many appliances all day Friday.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond : This is a really good one. Show up before noon, and get a coupon for 20 percent off your entire purchase, valid all day Friday (their usual coupons are for just one item).
- Macy's : Look for the $10 off a $25 purchase coupon in their flyer, that you can use anytime before 1 p.m. Friday. And small kitchen appliances will be $9 after $10 rebate.
- Apple's website, meantime, will have markdowns on iPads, Pods, and Macbooks all day Friday (they will list the deals when they happen).
Bottom line: You can stay home on Thanksgiving and still get some great deals Friday.
That way you avoid the hassle, and you don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money is a registered trademark of the EW Scripps Co.
"Like" John Matarese on Facebook
Follow John on Twitter (@DWYM)