TULSA - Brunch Enchiladas
Prepare this spicy dish the night before, then pop it in the oven for a weekend brunch.
- 1 pound JC Potter Hot Sausage
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 10 small (fajita sized) flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Hiland Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
Brown sausage in a hot skillet, cooking until fully cooked and crumbled. Remove from heat, drain, then add bell pepper, onion, cilantro and 1 cup cheese. Stir to combine.
Fill each tortilla with 3 heaping tablespoons of sausage mixture. Roll tightly, and place snugly in a 9-by-13-inch pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, flour, seasonings and hot sauce, stirring to combine. Pour over enchiladas. Cover, and place in refrigerator overnight.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Uncover, then pour taco sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Continue to bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and bubbling.