TULSA - Elvis would have been "All Shook Up" eating this banana bread over brunch with Priscilla. The chia seeds help to make it heart healthy and lower blood pressure and cholesterol. If only he had known that then!
Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 40
Number of Servings: 16
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups wheat flour, white, all-purpose, unenriched
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons powdered peanut butter substitute (Bell Plantation - Pb2 Regular)
- 1 dash salt
- 3/4 cup Splenda - Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 bananas (6-7 inches long) overripe and mashed
- 2 tablespoons chia seed - Spectrum Organic Essentials
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and sift together (wheat flour, white flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, Pb2, salt) and set aside.
In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (Splenda brown sugar, egg substitute, canola oil, vanilla) until well combined with hand mixer. Add mashed bananas to wet mixture and combine.
Add in dry ingredients slowly, 1/4 at a time. Do not over mix. Fold in chia seeds and bake in a 4-way mini loaf pan for 40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
Serving Size: 1/4 mini loaf