Natalie Mikles from the Made in Oklahoma coalition joins us for Sunday Brunch in the Reasor's kitchen to demonstrate how to make Sausage Tortellini Soup.
This fabulous spaghetti and meatballs entree is baked with cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese for a delicious one-dish dinner.
Sausage Tortellini Soup
- One pound Mountain View Meat Co. Smoked Sausage
- One medium onion, diced
- One (32-ounce) carton beef broth
- One (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- One cup dry red Oklahoma-made wine
- One teaspoon Daddy Hinkle's Original Instant Meat Marinade
- One teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Two (14.5-ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes
- One (16-ounce) bag frozen cut green beans
- One (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- Three carrots, sliced
- Three medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- One (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Slice sausage into rounds.
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, sauté sausage with onion, cooking on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, wine, Daddy Hinkle's seasoning, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms, carrots and zucchini.
- Add five to six cups of water, depending on how much broth you want for your soup.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until carrots are tender.
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Set aside.
- When soup is done, ladle soup into bowls then add tortellini to each bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese.
You can find more recipes on the MIO website, www.miocoalition.com , or you can download the free MIO iPhone app to find recipes, restaurants and more by visiting http://www.miocoalition.com/mioapp/ .