TULSA - Serving Size: 4
4 boneless chicken breast or 4 chicken leg quarters
2 table spoon of jerk seasoning (paste or wet)
2 table spoon of poultry seasoning
1 oz lime juice or white vinegar
1. wash chicken in a mixture of lime juice(white vinegar) and 2 parts water
2.sprinkle poultry seasoning on chicken and massage in to meat
3.rub the wet jerk seasoning on to meat and cover , let the chicken marinate overnight if you can , but an hour before is also good and recommended.
4. after meat has had a chance to marinate in the jerk seasoning you can either cook on open grill or place in oven.
cook or grill till chicken is fully cooked or to 120degrees, do not over cook as this will dry out the chicken,
serve with your choice of BBQ SAUCE. FOR A EXTRA SPICY KICK MIX SOME OF THE WET JERK SEASONING PASTE WITH THE BBQ SAUCE.
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the dried onion, thyme, allspice, ground black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Coat meat lightly with oil, then rub seasoning onto meat.