A simple, easy dish to make this rainy weekend. Chef Lou's pasta only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 pound dry linguine or spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 36 little neck clams, or I package of frozen clams (optional)
- 2 cans chopped clams
- 1 jar clam juice
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon butter
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt add two tablespoon of olive oil, Boil the pasta until al dente , tender but still firm.
While the pasta cooks make the clam sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add all ingredients and cook until all the clams are opened, about 6-8 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add to the clam sauce. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Add a pinch of pepper to taste. Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
Serve with fresh garlic bread