EDMOND, Okla. (AP) -- A 2-acre grass fire in Edmond has been extinguished and fire crews said a squirrel may have been behind the blaze.
Firefighters on Monday couldn't find any of the usual ignition sources, such as a discarded cigarette. Crews told Oklahoma City television station KOCO that they think the Sunday fire was started by a squirrel that was burned on a power line and spread the fire to the grass.
No homes were damaged, though the fire did burn close to one dwelling in the Oak Cliff area
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
As a result of last week's winter storm, PSO spokesman Stan Whiteford says meter readers were unable to do their jobs until Wednesday after snow and ice blanketed much of Green Country and temperatures remained below or at freezing.
Day 4 of our 12 Days of Christmas contest presented by KJRH Channel 2 and Moody's Jewelry is over.
Marquette School in midtown Tulsa was evacuated Thursday morning after reports of a gas-like smell in the air.