SEFFNER, Fla. (AP) -- Officials have called off the effort to recover the body of a man swallowed by a sinkhole below his Florida home.
Hillsborough County Administrator Mike Merrill said Saturday that they were ending the effort to Jeff Bush's body.
Bush was in his bedroom Thursday night in his home about 15 miles east of Tampa when the earth opened and took him and everything else in his room. Five others in the house escape unharmed.
Merrill says officials planned to bring in heavy equipment on Sunday to begin demolishing the home.
He says "we're dealing with a very unusual sinkhole."
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Angie's List | If you suspect your child may need braces, prepare for spending thousands of dollars. Find out how to plan for the cost of braces.
ADAM SANDLER was recently horrified to discover his maid had been rubbing poison ivy all over his body as he slept as payback for having to handle the actor's dirty underwear.