WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Authorities say two brothers accidentally blew up their house after celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth.
Wichita police Sergeant Bruce Watts says one of the brothers was taken to a hospital and the other to jail after Friday's explosion. The Wichita Eagle reports that the injured 27-year-old brother is in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.
Watts says the explosion happened after one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. The brother emptied a couple large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.
Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The swarm of earthquakes shaking central Oklahoma continued Saturday afternoon as a 4.5 magnitude quake struck near Jones, Okla.
This is Stuff 2 Do -- our weekly guide of great things to see and do this weekend in Green Country.
Christmas came early for a group of Oklahoma children whose parents are incarcerated.
The Los Angeles premiere of JESSICA BIEL's new thriller THE TRUTH ABOUT EMANUEL was almost shut down on Thursday night (05Dec13) after organisers failed to obtain a permit to use an area outside the theater.