SAPULPA, Okla. - No one was injured when a house caught fire in Sapulpa early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters responded around 6:30 a.m. to the home at 26th W. Mockingbird.
Officials on the scene told 2NEWS the fire started in the laundry room. A teenaged girl found the fire and tried to put it out but it spread.
Firefighters extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes.
A fire official on the scene speculated the cause could be lint from the dryer.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Frigid temperatures force homeowners in Southeastern Oklahoma to seek shelter.
If your parking lot is big enough, today was a day when a shovel might not do the trick.
A lot of the snow has been cleared from the main roads and highways, but there's still a lot of slush and that means re-freezing is a big concern.
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
The live musical performance of the Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood aired on NBC December 5, 2013.
Glow Downtown holiday light tour kicked off the Christmas season with festivities at Guthrie Green, The Deco District and the BOK Center, Dec. 1