OWASSO, Okla. - The cause of an early morning fire that consumed several Owasso businesses Monday remains undetermined, but investigators have ruled out arson.
The fire, which began around 5 a.m. near 76th Street North and Main, is believed to have started between a pool supply store and glass store before spreading to a tire shop and a boxing gym.
Several streets in the area were closed and firefighters were initially concerned about a recent pool shop delivery of some 8,000 pounds of powdered chlorine.
Authorities said one of their top priorities was to soak the chlorine before that could happen.
Surrounding businesses were evacuated and police contemplated evacuating a nearby apartment complex but determined it wasn't necessary.
No one was injured, though officials say firefighters ran out of oxygen because the fire lasted so long.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Also in the headlines
A lot of the snow has been cleared from the main roads and highways, but there's still a lot of slush and that means re-freezing is a big concern.
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
The live musical performance of the Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood aired on NBC December 5, 2013.
Glow Downtown holiday light tour kicked off the Christmas season with festivities at Guthrie Green, The Deco District and the BOK Center, Dec. 1