TULSA - Tulsa fire officials say an apartment fire started when a pan of heated oil was left on top of the stove.
Fire crews arrived at The Villas of Yorktown apartments near Skelly Drive and Lewis Avenue just before 3 a.m. Saturday.
Firefighters say a smoke detector alerted the two occupants of the apartment. The residents tried to extinguish the fire, but they realized they could not put it out and ran outside to alert neighbors.
The apartment is considered a total loss. Three other surrounding apartments have smoke damage.
Eight people have been relocated to other apartments for the night.
One person was treated at the scene by firefighters, but no one was serious injured.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Also in the headlines
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
KJRH 2 Works for You and Moody's Jewelry is giving away over $4,000 in jewelry from Dec. 9 through Dec. 20. Go to www.kjrh.com/contests to enter this 12 Days of Christmas giveaway.
A few of the Week 14 NFL games were played in snow storms.