TULSA - No one was home when a northwest Tulsa house caught fire Monday morning.
Tulsa firefighters responded to the home near West Edison and Gilcrease Museum Road around 8 a.m.
Officials on the scene say a floor furnace started the fire.
Damages are estimated near $30,000 and officials say the home is inhabitable.
The Tulsa Red Cross is assisting the family with shelter.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Also in the headlines
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
Glow Downtown holiday light tour kicked off the Christmas season with festivities at Guthrie Green, The Deco District and the BOK Center, Dec. 1
Nelson Mandela: former president of South Africa, influential public figure and human rights activist.