BIXBY, Okla. - Bixby Central elementary students were allowed to return to their building after a gas leak was reported Wednesday morning.
Assistant Superintendent Bill Coyle said a gas meter was damaged near the south side of the Central elementary gym.
Students were immediately bused to the Bixby High School gym about two blocks away, Coyle said.
The fire department checked the building and surrounding area and students and faculty were allowed back inside around 9:15 a.m., Coyle said.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The ice is keeping area emergency rooms busy as doctors treat patients for slip and fall injuries.
Through the First Baptist Church of Glenpool's Community Christmas Store, parents in need can pick from brand new, donated clothing and toys for their children completely free of charge.
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
KJRH 2 Works for You and Moody's Jewelry is giving away over $4,000 in jewelry from Dec. 9 through Dec. 20. Go to www.kjrh.com/contests to enter this 12 Days of Christmas giveaway.
A few of the Week 14 NFL games were played in snow storms.