BIXBY, Okla. - Bixby Central elementary students were allowed to return to their building after a gas leak was reported Wednesday morning.
Assistant Superintendent Bill Coyle said a gas meter was damaged near the south side of the Central elementary gym.
Students were immediately bused to the Bixby High School gym about two blocks away, Coyle said.
The fire department checked the building and surrounding area and students and faculty were allowed back inside around 9:15 a.m., Coyle said.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Oklahoma-based Chesapeake Energy Corp. says it will donate $1 million to the American Red Cross to help in the rescue and recovery efforts in Moore.