TULSA - More than 50 people were evacuated from a homeless shelter in Tulsa late Wednesday night.
A possible gas leak near Charles Page Boulevard and 25th West Avenue prompted firefighters to evacuate the shelter.
Investigators say they found a pilot light had gone out in a kitchen.
"Natural gas primary hazard is explosion, flammability and explosion. Secondary hazard would be suffocation but our primary hazard is the explosive and flammability range," Tulsa fire Capt. Alan Barnes said.
No injures were reported.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Also in the headlines
Sand Springs city manager Rocky Rogers has resigned, city officials have confirmed.
Pictures of the first winter storm of the season, Dec. 5 and 6.
KJRH 2 Works for You and Moody's Jewelry is giving away over $4,000 in jewelry from Dec. 9 through Dec. 20. Go to www.kjrh.com/contests to enter this 12 Days of Christmas giveaway.
A few of the Week 14 NFL games were played in snow storms.