Luck of the Irish Corned Beef Brisket
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- 1 (4-pound) Certified Angus Beef Fresh Corned Beef Brisket with Seasoning Packet
- 3 quarts Water
- 2 Onions, halved and stuck with 8 cloves each
- 6 Carrots, peeled and halved
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 12 Coriander Seeds
- 12 Peppercorns, crushed
- 1 Large Head Cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Parsley
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add cinnamon stick, bay leaves, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cabbage and parsley; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 4 hours until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.