Bacon and Brie Cheese Fondue
(Dippers: Apples, bread, broccoli, etc.)
4 oz White wine
1 oz Baby Brie round
1 tsp Bacon, onion, mustard mixture.
(Equal parts of brown mustard, chopped shallots and bacon bits)
6 oz Gruyére/Swiss cheese blend
1 squeeze Half of a lemon
5 turns Pepper, freshly ground
2 tsps Scallions, sliced
1. Add the white wine to top of a double boiler set or a fondue pot with heat on medium.
2. Using the tongs, place the Brie into the wine and smash three times with the fork. The Brie should flatten to the bottom of the liner. The objective is not to break the Brie apart completely; there should still be pockets of Brie in the finished cheese. Leave the fork in the liner.
3. Add 1 tsp of mustard mixture and stir using the fork for 30 seconds.
4. Add 1/3 of the Gruyére/Swiss cheese blend and mix thoroughly using the fork.
5. Add another 1/3 of the cheese blend and mix thoroughly using the fork.
6. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese blend and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated.
7. Use a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
8. Squeeze the juice from a lemon half into cheese and add pepper. Fold these ingredients into the cheese using the fork. Remove fork and place in bowl.
9. Sprinkle scallions over the surface of the cheese fondue using a demi spoon.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Attention Parrot Heads: Thursday's Jimmy Buffett concert, at least for now, is still on.